I just wanted to share some info and photos of our latest build – The Crow Off Grid Cabin Edition.
– Custom made 24′ tiny house trailer w/ 7000 lbs axles, 4 corner jacks,
extended hitch, 8’5” width & galvanized steel underbelly. 24’ in length
(main body) + 5’6” hitch, + 4’ when deck is down. This model can be built
in other lengths from 20′ to 32′.
– Elevated bathroom floor w/ 109 litre (29 gallon) fresh & 54 litre (14
gallon) grey water tanks, hot water heater, RV propane furnace, batteries
& extra storage underneath. Interior and exterior access. Water tank
capacity can be doubled at expense of storage.
– Spray foam insulation featuring R33 in floor including R5 thermal break,
R22 in walls, R33 in ceiling.
– Pine T&G interior siding, cedar & metal exterior siding, metal split
– Aluminum framed, black powder coated rear deck w/ cedar decking. Entire
deck flips up and locks in place when travelling. Lockable aluminum legs.
Exterior plugins – 120 volt, 12 volt, USB.
– One upper bedroom loft on 4×4 cedar beams w/ storage staircase.
– 20,000 BTU forced air propane furnace w/ 3 registers
– Precision Temp RV 550 (55,000 BTU) 4 season hot water heater
– LED projection TV w/ pull down screen
– IKEA kitchen w/ upper & lower cabinets, Dickinson Marine stainless steel
propane range w/ 3 burners – butcher block – oven w/ broiler, Broan
stainless steel fume hood, LG energy efficient 11.5 cu ft top mount fridge
& freezer, 1.6 cu ft energy & water efficient washing machine, double
stainless steel sink, laminate flooring.
– IKEA furniture w/ additional storage & slide out bed.
– Full bathroom w/ 34″ stand up frosted glass shower, Separette Composting
Toilet, IKEA tall cabinet, IKEA vanity & double glass wall cabinet. Attic
hatch access to additional storage. Waterproof vinyl plank flooring.
– Double pane energy efficient windows w/ sliding patio door (adjustable
blinds between panes of glass so they never need cleaning and won’t get
– LED lights throughout, cable and ethernet ready.
– Cubic Mini Grizzly wood stove w/ mini tools, heat shields, kindling
maker and additional storage below.
– Off grid solar package includes:
2 – 165 watt solar panels (room for 2 more)
4 – 6 volt AGM maintenance free batteries @ 225 amp each
1 – Charge Controller
1 – Magnum 2000 watt inverter/charger (3000 watt surge)
– 30 amp electrical service, Readouts for solar panels & batteries, RV
style water and grey water hookups.
Yamaha 3000 watt (23.3 amps) inverter series generator on HD slides can
power entire home & charge batteries, 2 – 30lb propane tanks, 10 litre
(2.64 gallon) gas can, with plenty of addition storage in enclosure over
hitch w/ cedar siding.
A 24′ tiny house built to be completely off-grid in Calgary, Alberta by Blackbird Tiny Homes.