You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  • Reply Lozza February 5, 2016 at 10:42 am

    Wouldn’t the DVD player melt on top of the fireplace??

    • Reply Gianni February 5, 2016 at 11:29 am

      Uhh… there is no chimney! Must not be a real fireplace… It probably heats via a heating element. Also, if it was a real fireplace, there wouldn’t be a smoke detector on the ceiling above it, as they also detect rapid temperature changes and would be immediately triggered by a fire.

      • Reply Lozza February 6, 2016 at 10:34 am

        Uhhh… I come from the tropics! Not everyone is in the know about heaters. No need to be such a knob about it.

        Allow, me to rephrase then, wouldn’t the DVD player melt on top of the fake fireplace/ heater? If it doesn’t heat then why waste the space?

        • Reply Ntron April 7, 2016 at 3:22 pm

          It’s a fake fireplace that has an electric heater in it. If you look at the bottom of the fireplace it has a small electric heater that vents heat into the room. The “fire” is just for ambiance. Something pretty to look at. It’s essentially a space heater. I assume since this tree isn’t going anywhere, that this structure is fixed and is wired into city electricity, so a power hog space heater wouldn’t be an issue in that regard.

  • Reply Marlene jones February 6, 2016 at 12:55 pm

    Why does his answer make him a knob? He was just giving you the response you asked for. Nothing I read was even remotely knobish or rude. I think maybe you could be the knob with your rude response.

  • Reply Brian February 6, 2016 at 5:43 pm

    It must be the same as my electric fireplace…it just blows hot air out the front….the top stays cool enough to put a tv on it.

  • Reply chris February 8, 2016 at 7:38 am

    when did tinyhouseswoon.com become a place for trolling and people being rude to each other?

  • Reply Charie February 8, 2016 at 2:18 pm

    It’s lovely. Do you live in it or is it just a guest house? Yes that is an electric heater stays cool on top but warms the room nicely.

  • Reply Tam February 10, 2016 at 5:04 pm

    I agree with Marlene and Chris. Gianni’s response was not knobbish at all. The internet brings out the ugly side of people sometimes. TinyHouseSwoon, keep doing what you do. Showing lovely Tiny Houses from all walks of life. 🙂

  • Reply phil February 22, 2016 at 2:08 am

    Looks like it could be a infrared heater. Heat only come out the front. If it supported your weight, you could totally sit on one and not get burned from the top of it. Also, this is definitely a guest house type of situation. It’s pretty bare bones otherwise. I doubt someone would be that minimalist and still have a microwave, fridge and tv/dvd, etc…. There’s no real cooking space or means to cook other than micro. which is probably for popcorn and hot drinks.

  • Leave a Reply